You may be wondering, “I’m buying my first drone. How much is a drone worth?” For beginner, I would recommend those cost performance Drones to start!
- Best Drone for the Money Comparison
- Top Drones for the Money Reviews
- FAQ on the Best Drones for the Money
Best Drone for the Money Comparison
|Drone Name||Camera Type||Resolution||Megapixels|
|Eachine E58 Quadcopter||HD WIFI||720p||2|
|Holy Stone HS700||HD WIFI||1080p||Unknown|
|Drocon WFI FPV||HD WIFI||720p||Unknown|
|DJ Mavic Air Quadcopter||3-axis gimbal||4k||32|
|DJI Spark Portable Mini Drone||2-axis stabilized glimbal||1080p||12|
Top Drones for the Money Reviews
The Eachine E58 Quadcopter is one of the best cheap drones that you will find on the market. Not only is this unmanned aerial vehicle good for beginners but as well as for professionals. The drone is equipped with a 120 degrees wide-angle 720p HD camera which shoots high-quality videos and pictures. In addition, it has the Wi-Fi real-time transmission FPV system that allows you to connect the drone to your phone and see the horizon above as you capture photos and record videos.
- 2MP camera
- Shoots video in 120 degrees wide angle 720p HD
- Charge time of 60 to 70 minutes
- R/C distance of 80 to 100m
- 30m First-person view range
- 7 to 9 minutes of flying time
- Wi-Fi real-time transmission FPV system
- APP controls with 3D VR function, sensor function, and trajectory flight
- 3D flip and one key takeoff/landing
The 2MP camera drone can be carried around with much ease as it is made of clever folding design and it is lightweight. If the arm or motor breaks down accidentally, you don’t need to worry as they are both replaceable. The drone is also very easy to fly with the one key takeoff/landing, one key return, and altitude hold mode functions. You can easily fly it off the ground and land it safely.
Take clear photos and shoot quality videos with the altitude hold mode. All you need to do is to accurately lock the height and location, then shoot from any angle. The procedure is very easy that even a beginner can control this drone. Simply download the App and start having fun with this affordable Wi-Fi FPV Quadcopter drone. It can fly up to 100 meters and has a maximum flying time of 9 minutes.
- It is very easy to fly straight out of the box
- It has easy to use with responsive controls
- Assembling this drone is very easy and fast
- It can be carried around and has a replaceable drone arm
- It is suitable for all kinds of pilots
- It is very affordable with outstanding features
- It captures high definition videos and photos
- It doesn’t fly too high
- It performs poor in windy conditions
- The drone is slightly slower than most drones on this list
- It flies for less than 9 minutes in the air
The Holy Stone HS700 FPV drone is an exceptional drone for beginners. This device is very easy to use with simple controls. It is also sold at an amazing price but it offers great features. The HS700 drone features a 1080p HD camera that captures high-quality videos and photos. The 5G 1300 ft transmission ensures that you shoot videos in real-time and it is great for selfies.
- 5G 1080p FHD Camera
- 20 minutes of maximum flight time
- Low-power alert
- Quiet brushless motor
- 110 degrees field of view lens
- GPS assisted flight
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Simple control
- Quick release propellers
- Compatible with both iOS and Android
Featuring the brushless motor, you will be surprised at how powerful this drone is but you won’t hear it make funny noises. It is also easy to control as it has a quick launch by just pressing one key and the altitude lock allows the pilot to take clear photos while the drone is running in the sky. The 2800 mAh batteries will last for 20 minutes in the air, which is a great time when compared to other drones on the market. However, the batteries take longer to charge as you will have to recharge them for at least 5 hours or more.
The HS700 drone is very easy to set up as no screws are needed to fix the propellers. One of its unique features is the GPS location. This is a vital function that allows the drone to follow you with the camera pointing to you, making shooting photos to be easy and fun.
- It is sturdily built to last long
- It has an excellent flying time of 20 minutes
- It is very easy to set up straight out of the box
- The 5G Wi-Fi connection to the phone app is amazing
- The camera can be interchanged with GoPro cameras
- The GPS functions allow you to shoot with ease as the drone can find you
- It is very quiet in operation but still very powerful
- It takes 5 hours to fully recharge which is a long time
- The instructions are vague making it quite challenging to use
If you love to travel a lot or record sports events, then you will fall in love with this drone. The Drocon drone is one of the best remote control cars under $200 but it has some exceptional features that will give you a great flying experience. The device can be flown by small kids, beginners or even professionals.
- 120 degrees wide-angle 720p HD camera
- 150M flying height
- 3DVR mode
- 3-speed modes
- WIFI FPV function
- LED lights
- One-key takeoff/landing
- Altitude hold mode
- 15 minute flying time
- Optical anti-shake
- Out of range alarm
The Drocon traveler WIFI FPV drone comes with a 120 degrees wide-angle 720p HD camera that captures a lovely panoramic view and clear photos. All you need to do to see what your camera is seeing with a live video is to connect it with the flyingsee app on your mobile phone. Besides, you can access functions like gravity control, custom flight route, and 3D VR mode for more fun.
The drone is very easy to set up and control, making it suitable for parties and fun. Powered by a 1, 000 mAh 7.4v lipo battery, expect this drone to run for 15 minutes in the air before having to be recharged. It can also reach up to 150 meters in height, which is great for its price. With the altitude hold mode, the pilot can fly the unmanned aerial vehicle at a certain altitude for perfect images and videos.
It is easy to take off or land the drone as it has 3-speed settings that allow the pilot to start on a lower speed and increase as they go higher. In addition, the controller alarm alerts you when the battery is low for safe landing of the drone.
If you’re looking for a cheap drone with a camera, then the Drocon WIFI FPV should be on top of your list.
- It flies for 15 minutes
- It is very easy to assemble out of the box
- It is easy to use with straightforward controls
- It flies very well and up to 150 meters
- It is easy to handle and do tricks even by small kids
- It shoots stunning photos and videos
- It is lightweight and easy to carry
- 1-year of assurance and lifetime technical support
- It is not ideal in strong winds
- The controller is somehow large which may be quite challenging for kids
The DJ Mavic Air Quadcopter is a great drone for professionals with exceptional features. It is lightweight and compact, which makes it be ideal for traveling with. Furthermore, it has a foldable remote controller with a low-profile and ergonomic design for convenience during use.
So, if you’re looking for a high-quality drone under $1, 000, this is a good drone to acquire.
- Supports 4k video at 30 fps
- User-friendly remote controller
- DJI GO editor
- 21 minutes of flight time per charge
- 0 MP sphere panoramas
- 12MP with Adobe DNG RAW support
- Foldable design
- 8 GB internal storage
- Foldable remote controller
Featuring the 3-axis gimbal camera, the Mavic Air shoots videos at an outstanding 4k 30 fps for incredible videos and photos. Also, you don’t have to worry about flying time as the drone comes with the Mavic Air Intelligent Flight batteries that offer a great run time of 21 minutes. When in the air, you can easily control the drone from up to 6562’ away with the dedicated remote controller. Alternatively, you can control the drone using your smartphone instead of the controller.
With the ability to record 1080p 120 fps slow-motion videos, this drone can capture all your breathtaking scenes and store them on the 8GB card. Travel with the Mavic Air to all your adventures and view scenes that you’ve never seen before.
Other important features are ActiveTrack, Geometric elegance, QuickShots, SmartCapture, and FOC ESCs and Propulsion. The Mavic Air is definitely a great drone for the money and can be the best gift for dads.
- It is durably constructed
- It is compact and foldable
- It has an excellent fly time of 21 minutes
- The SmartCapture function makes it be easy and fun to use
- It is easy to use with the foldable remote controller
- It has a huge storage area of 8GB
- It is lightweight and portable for easy carry
- It shoots at an outstanding 4k 30 fps for quality videos and photos
- Many users have complained of poor customer service
- The remote and the drone stop communicating when it goes up very high or when it heats up
DJI has created a name for itself as it offers some of the best drones on the market. The DJI Spark portable mini-drone is an exceptional mid-range drone that both beginners and professionals will love. The gadget features intelligent flight control options, a camera with outstanding image quality, and a mechanical gimbal that will inspire your flying experience.
- HD Wi-Fi technology
- 1080p and 12 MP
- 16 minutes of flying time
- Lightweight and slick design
- f/2.6 wide-angle powerful lens
- 1/2.3” CMOS sensor
- Spark’s 2-axis mechanical gimbal stabilization
The DJI Spark mini-drone is very easy to use as it takes off and lands with a simple hand motion. Take photos or even videos with a hand gesture. Nevertheless, you also have the option of using the remote controller or a mobile device to control the drone. If you want to share the photos instantly, simply edit and share them by turning on the HD Wi-Fi and connect it with your phone.
This is an excellent device as it stays in the air for more than 16 minutes. Moreover, it propels through the air easily even when there is a strong wind. This is all thanks to the aerodynamic, lightweight, and slick design. Also, the powerful propulsion gives the drone a steady flight in strong winds so you don’t have to worry about the weather when flying this 12 MP drone.
With the mechanical gimbal stabilization, powerful lens, ActiveTrack, and gesture control, you will be able to shoot high-definition videos and photos with much ease. DJI Spark is one of the best mini-drones that you will find on the market.
- It is very easy to use with simple hand gestures
- You can edit and share there and then
- It takes off and lands easily and quickly
- Active Track lets you stay on target
- It is easy to take selfies with a simple hand motion
- It shoots high-quality videos and photos with the 1080p
- It stays in the air for 16 minutes
- Its strong propulsion makes it be stable in strong winds
- The HD WIFI allows shooting of real-time videos from up to 2km away
- Poor customer support
- It is quite difficult to set up
- The instructions are not very clear
FAQ on the Best Drones for the Money
The altitude a drone can fly heavily depends on the type of drone you acquire. For instance, the DJI Matrice can fly up to 8, 000 feet while the DJI Inspire 1 can fly up to around 14, 000 feet. However, even though drones are capable of flying thousands of feet above the ground, the FAA has restrictions that allow pilots to only fly up to 400 feet.
A drone can be controlled through remote control or via a mobile application. Remote control usually has a few buttons to operate the drone and in some cases an LCD screen showing information like range, altitude, battery status, and much more. With the new invention, a drone can be controlled using a tracking device instead of a remote or app.