Looking for a convenient way to access clean and tasty drinking water while at home? A high quality refrigerator water filter is what you need.
- Comapre different Refrigerator filter brands
- What is a refrigerator water filter?
- Why you really need a refrigerator water filter
- Top 10 Refrigerator Water Filters Reviews – Pros & Cons
- 1Samsung DA29-00020B-2P Refrigerator water filter – Best 2-Pack Refrigerator Water Filter
- 2Frigidaire WF2CB PureSource2 Ice & water filtration system – Fast and Easy Installation
- 3Samsung Genuine DA29-00003G Refrigerator water filter – Durable Filter Cartridge
- 4Best GE MWF Refrigerator water filter – Best Warranty Package
- 5LG LT700P Refrigerator water filter – Best High Capacity Refrigerator Water Filter
- 6AmazonBasics Replacement LG LT700P refrigerator filter – High Efficiency EveryDropfilter
- 7IcePure Pro Refrigerator Replacement water filter – Best Price Refrigerator Water Filter
- 8EveryDrop by Whirlpool EDR5RXD1 refrigerator water filter – Best Filtration Efficiency Water Filter
- 9Whirlpool Refrigerator water filter 3 – Best Fridge Filter With Filter Status Indicator
- 10GE RPWFE Refrigerator water filter – Best Advanced Filtration Technology
- Things to consider when buying a refrigerator water filter
- Types of refrigerator water filters
Just for your info, these special filters use adsorbent material or a membrane that traps and eliminates most of the water contaminants. As the name suggests, this equipment filters out contaminants from water that goes through the refrigerator water dispenser or ice maker.
The municipal water we use in our homes is supposed to be 100% safe for drinking and use. However, that has never been the case. This is partly because some contaminants aren’t eliminated at the treatment plant. Tap water also collects some contaminants from the old rusted pipes on its way to our homes. So you need to further filter the water before use at home.
Refrigerator water filters are one way you can filter you tap water before channeling it inside your refrigerator. These water filters come in different varieties and types. We will discuss the details later.
In this review, we have discussed some of the most common refrigerator filter brands. We have included details of different product pros and cons to help make a well-informed purchase. Also, remember to check the provided Amazon links for the best price deals.
Comapre different Refrigerator filter brands
Refrigerator filters are light-built and as such, can be carried around easily. If you are a regular traveler and still want to drink healthy, this filter is all that you need. Here’s a table of different brands of water filters enlisted in this review.
|Product Name||Filter Capacity||Size|
|Samsung DA29-00020B-2P Refrigerator water filter||300 gallons||2 pack|
|Frigidaire WF2CB PureSource2 Ice & water filtration system||300 gallons||1 pack|
|Samsung Genuine DA29-00003G Refrigerator water filter||400 gallons||2 pack|
|Best GE MWF Refrigerator water filter||350 gallons||1 pack|
|LG LT700P Refrigerator water filter||200 gallons||1 pack|
|AmazonBasics Replacement LG LT700P refrigerator filter||450 gallons||3 pack|
|IcePure Pro Refrigerator Replacement water filter||300 gallons||1 pack|
|EveryDrop by Whirlpoo EDR5RXD1 refrigerator water filter||350 gallons||2 pack|
|Whirlpool Refrigerator water filter 3||200 gallons||1 pack|
|GE RPWFE Refrigerator water filter||300 gallons||1 pack|
What is a refrigerator water filter?
This is basically a water filtration system that eliminates common contaminants like lead, mercury, chlorine, iron, microbes, etc. from your water before channeling it to the refrigerator’s water dispenser or ice maker. They use granular activated carbon filters to remove 99% of the contaminants. They come in different types as discussed below. Be sure to choose the type that would work best for you.
Why you really need a refrigerator water filter
There are many types of water filters, countertop varieties being one of them. There are a couple of reasons that make countertop water filtration system better than other models or types. For instance, they are compact and often lightweight.They take up very little storage space, if you really love your space. Most importantly, these water filters can be set and used on the kitchen counter.
Top 10 Refrigerator Water Filters Reviews – Pros & Cons
If you are looking for a high performance refrigerator filter system, Samsung DA29-00020B-29 water filter is one great option to check out. It features a set of high efficiency filters for a refreshing and tasty water for drinking and for mixing beverages. The filters reduce 99% of common contaminants like lead, mercury, chlorine, etc.
For durability and strength, the body is made of AISI 304 stainless steel. All the water purification components have been tested and proven to comply with EPA and NSF/ANSI standard 53.Samsung fridge filter delivers a tasty and safe water ideal for the entire household. The contaminants attach to the interior aspect of the filters for superior elimination.
- Samsung Genuine filters eliminate 99% of common contaminants like lead, chlorine, chloramine, iron, etc.
- Available in two package types. Be sure to choose what suits your refrigerator.
- It features a 3-speed electronic control system.
- WQA/NSF/ANSI standard 42 and 53 certified filters reduce chlorine odor and smell.
- No product warranty.
This refrigerator water purifier s compatible with your home plumbing and faucet accessories for a tasty and pure water.Installation process is simple and easy. All the requisite hardware are included for an easy do-it-yourself installation.
If stuck, just check the user manual for directions. You can also get assistance from their tech support by simply making a call. That’s all you need to do to get everything ready and set. Frigidaire refrigerator water filter is both economical and ecofriendly. It helps you reduce expenditure on plastic bottled water. This also has the advantage of minimizing environmental plastic pollution.It uses hi-tech filters capable of eliminating 99.9% of harmful water contaminants.
It uses replaceable filters made of activated carbon and ion exchange resin to decontaminate your drinking water. It comes with a filter status indicator will let you know when it is appropriate to replace the filters.
- NSF/ANSI standard 42 and 53 standard certified to reduce chlorine taste and odor for a tasty and refreshing water.
- Filter replacement is done once in a while and is done with select filters including FC-100, WF2CB, SWF2CB, NGFC 2000, etc.
- Reduces 99.9% of common contaminants like herbicides, pharmaceuticals, turbidity, chlorine, lead, mercury, etc.
- Lifetime tech support.
- Comes with an installation manual for quick and easy DIY installation process.
- No product warranty.
Samsung Genuine DA29-00003G refrigerator filter has a really sleek and compact design that matches well with any modern home decor.Installation process is very simple and direct. There’s even a complete installation manual supplied with this water filter system.
Samsung DA29-00003G fridge water filter uses a 3 stage filtration system to eliminate most water contaminants to give a clean and sweet tasting water. The filters include 5 micron compensation disks, activated coconut shell carbon, and activated Alumina. This combination is capable of removing 99% fluoride, chlorine, and other chemical contaminants. It is portable and as such can be carried around during travel. Enjoy a treat of pure and clean drinking water whenever and wherever you go.
The triple stage filters also support selective retention of essential mineral ions like calcium, magnesium, zinc, potassium, and sodium. It uses advanced granular filters which ae completely filled. Compression disks are then installed at the inlet and outlet points. This solves the perennial problem of complete filter channeling and bypass associated with granular filters.
- Samsung DA29-00003G refrigerator water filter is guaranteed to eliminate 99% of common water contaminants like lead, mercury, chlorine, etc.
- Very easy DIY installation process. There’s a short video to help you with the same.
- NSF/ANSI tested and certified filters
- The filters are replaceable once every 12 months.
- Features a filter status indicator.
- No warranty coverage.
I recently replaced my water filtration system with the Best GE MWF fridge filter and guess what, I am loving it. This 10 stage refrigerator filter delivers crisp, sweet, alkaline water that is good for your health.It has a compact design that takes very little space to install. Unlike other top water purifiers that strip your drinking water of all mineral contaminants, healthy and unhealthy, this refrigerator water filter only eliminates the bad contaminants. All the magnesium, calcium, sodium, and potassium will be spared so that you drink healthy and stay healthy.
What’s more, this water filter is made of BPA-free food grade FDA certified materials. Its safety and suitability for use in water filtration is guaranteed. It is also NSF/ANSI standard 42 and 53 certified for elimination of chlorine odor and taste.
- Uses high grade replaceable filters that eliminates 99% of contaminants like lead, mercury, iron, chlorine, etc.
- NSF/ANSI standard 42 and 53 certified for the reduction of chlorine taste and odor.
- Comes with an installation kit with all the necessary accessories for a fast and easy installation process.
- Every purchase comes with a 100% lifetime money back guarantee from the manufacturer.
- Filters are replaceable once every 6 months.
- Filter status indicator alerts you when they are due for replacement.
- Not identified.
This is a high capacity refrigerator filter that uses activated carbon filters eliminate 99.9% of contaminants. The filters are super durable. With LG LT700P refrigerator water filter, replacements are done once every 6 months or after every 200 gallons.It is very easy to install. No complex installation procedures.
In fact, there’s a user manual to help you with the same.No tools required for this. It is ecofriendly and as such, contributes toward reducing plastic pollution in our oceans and landfills. And you also save some money otherwise spent on plastic water bottles.
- Filters are replaceable once every 6 months or after 200 gallons of filtration.
- Eliminates 99% of common water contaminants like lead, mercury, asbestos, etc.
- ANSI/NSF certified for quality filtration for a tasty and refreshing water.
- Very easy to setup and use.
- Made of BPA-free materials hence very safe for use in water filtration.
- Delivers clean and crisp tasting water suitable for drinking or making ice cubes.
- No product warranty.
The AmazonBasics Replacement refrigerator water filter features an Elite 5 stage filtration system. This is capable of eliminating up to 99.99% chloramine, fluoride, chlorine, aluminum, and other chemical contaminants. This water filter is compact and takes very little space. This fridge filter is very easy to install. Typically takes less than 10 minutes to setup.
If you love chilled beverages, you certainly want to prepare them with pure and tasty ice cubes. Get such with AmazonBasics refrigerator water filter. What’s more, every purchase of this refrigerator filteris backed by 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
- It is NSF/ANSI standard 42 and 53 certified to reduce chlorine odor and taste.
- Eliminates 99% of some 28 common contaminants like pesticides, lead, pharmaceuticals, and microbes.
- Ecofriendly water filter replaces some 1500+ plastic water bottles.
- Uses EveryDrop Filter 1 to eliminate water contaminants.
- Compatible with bottom, side-by-side, and top freezer refrigerators.
- Not identified.
This is a high capacity European built refrigerator water filter system with a capacity to remove 99% of most common contaminants like chloramine, chlorine, rust, lead, mercury, etc. The filter cartridge is replaceable every once in a while. There’s a filter status indicator to help you monitor the health and efficiency of the filters and when they are due for replacement.
Using this refrigerator filter is both economical and ecofriendly. It replaces some 2000+ standard plastic water bottles and also save you money. Installation process is very easy. The package includes a wrench, a pair of faucet adapters, a seal & rings all fit easily together for do-it-yourself installation. It is very affordable and still guarantees the best water filtration for a tasty and refreshing water for drinking and for preparing your beverages. Every purchase comes with a 30 day unconditional 100% money back guarantee.
- Comes with a 30 day 100% money back guarantee.
- Popular European built brand that eliminates 99% copper, arsenic, chromium, lindane, atrazine, and other contaminants.
- NSF/ANSI standard 42 and 53 approved for reduction of lead, mercury, and chlorine.
- Easy and direct installation process
- Not identified.
When it comes to filtering water for your preparing beverages and drinking, there’s no better way to do it than with the EveryDrop Whirlpool refrigerator filter. The entire set includes a single filter and a pair of glass carafes all equipped with lids. The filters are made of activated coconut shell carbon for enhanced effectiveness in water filtration. The filters are said to ne NSF/ANSI certified for the elimination of 99% of some 24 common contaminants like lead, copper, chlorine, asbestos, etc. the replacement filters are replaceable once every 6 months or after filtering 500 gallons.
EveryDropfridge water filter is very easy to install. This refrigerator water filter comes with a user manual to assist you with the same. The design and construction blends well with any modern kitchen décor. It is ecofriendly and as such, replaces some 2500+ standard plastic water bottles. This saves you money too.
- NSF/ANSI certified to reduce 99% of some 24 most common water contaminants.
- Guaranteed fresh and crisp tasting water for drinking and making your beverage ice cubes.
- Comes with an installation kit for a quick and easy installation process.
- Use high grade EveryDrop filter 5 that is also used by some other leading refrigerator filter brands like KitchenAid, JennAir, etc.
- Affordable and very easy to use.
- No warranty cover.
Enjoy a refreshing, sweet and tasty water from water with the Whirlpool Refrigerator water filter.This NSF/ANSI certified water filter eliminates 99% of some 66 common water contaminants like lead, pharmaceuticals, waterborne microbes, mercury, and pesticides.
It uses EveryDrop Filter 3 which utilize a 3 stage filtration technique to eliminate contaminants to give to a sweet tasting and refreshing water. The filter incorporates a range of filtration techniques like and methods like catalytic carbon, ion exchange, and absolute sub-micron mechanical filtration for the best tasting water. Installing this refrigerator water filter is super easy. There’s an installation kit and user manual to help you with the same.
- NSF/ANSI certified water filter eliminates 99% of some 66 common water contaminants.
- It uses EveryDrop filter 3 with a lifetime filtration capacity of 200 gallons. Replace every 6 months for optimum filtration performance.
- Comes with a user manual and an installation kit with all the necessary accessories for a quick DIY installation process.
- Filter status indicator helps you monitor the effectiveness of the EveryDrop filter 3.
- No product warranty.
Want it’s time to party with friends, you need an ample supply of clean and tasty water for drinking and mixing beverages. That’s when you need the GE RPWFE Refrigerator filter. It uses advanced filtration technique to eliminate 99% of some 5 trace pharmaceuticals. This is coupled with premium filtration that targets some other contaminants like chlorine, lead, mercury, microbes, select pharmaceuticals, and 15 other contaminants. The installation and filter replacement are often very easy with absolutely no need for tools. The high efficiency filter should be replaced once every 6 months or after every 300 gallons of filtration.
- This refrigerator water filter uses only GE’s RPWF or RPWFE water filters.
- High compatibility with select GE French-door refrigerators.
- Supports advanced filtration that eliminates 99% of some 5 trace pharmaceuticals.
- Its premium filtration technique reduces chlorine, microbes, select pharmaceuticals, and other contaminants.
- Its high efficiency filters are replaceable once every 6 months or after 300 gallons of filtration.
- No warranty.
Things to consider when buying a refrigerator water filter
There are a few considerations one ought to make when it comes to choosing an ideal refrigerator water filter. Some of these include:
Type of water filter
Refrigeratorfilters use different water filters. The type of filter used determines the type of contaminants eliminated. Also note that the filters used have different lifetime filtration capacities. You need to check and confirm the same.
For a fridge filter, like is the case with other water filters, size is very critical. It determines the rate and efficiency of filtration. So, as it is, the bigger the better.
This has to do with the filter lifetime filtration capacity. You may want to know the duration of time required before a filter is replaced. This is important because it determines how many times you’ll need to replace the filters in any given year. Of course this has some financial implications and associated saving element to it.
You need to go for affordable refrigerator water filters that are NSF/ANSI certified to reduce particular contaminants. Just be careful not to compromise on quality for affordability.
Maintenance and installation
Installation process for your ideal refrigerator water filtration system should be very simple. Maintenance too should not be complex or even expensive. Fortunately, most manufacturers provide user manuals and even installation kits to help with the same.
Different fridge water filters eliminate different contaminants. Some are specific while others are general. Be sure to ascertain which particular contaminants are eliminated by your favorite brand before placing your order.
Types of refrigerator water filters
As I mentioned before, there are different types of refrigerator water filters. The categorization is often done on the basis of filtration mechanism together with some other factors. Here are the types:
Grille fridge filters
These types have a characteristic slender filter cartridge and this is often located near the base of the fridge. Some also feature a knob that blends in well with the grille. With such, a slight quarter turn of the knob will cause the filter cartridge to slide right out. Some other variant within this type of refrigerator water filters has a characteristic push button for ejecting the filters.
Drop Down fridge water filters
These types are often concealed inside a drop down section of your refrigerator’s food compartment. There ae many brands under this category. Maybe your home refrigerator water filter is this type. Just check! You might be surprised!
Slide out refrigerator filters
These types have a lot of similarities with those found on grille. For instance, some only require the press of a button to eject the filter. Others come with a knob that’s to be turned to have the filter cartridge ejected. So basically, the same mechanism with just some slight difference.
Canister refrigerator water filters
These often appear in the form of some hanging barrel at the back end of your refrigerator’s food compartment. In some models, you only need to turn the barrel slightly to remove the filter cartridges. In some models, the filters are firmly protected within a plastic cup. To remove the filter cartridge, you may have to use some tools like wrenches. Such filter cartridges with a protective cup also have a rubber O-ring gasket that should be replaced once every third filter change.
Inline water filters
In some refrigerators, there are no inbuilt water filters. Instead, they use external inline filters connected via a water line. These type of fridge filters are arguably the most common and very easy to install. They come with removable “twist & lock” filter cartridges that are easily replaceable. Others feature 1/4 inch fittings for quick connection of the filters to your water line.
Bypass refrigerator water filters
These are commonly used with whole house water filtration systems. One characteristic feature of these filters is that they contain no filter medium hence do not remove contaminants anyway. It is worth noting that these types of fridge water filters are not the best. If anything, they filter less contaminants compared to other types of water filters. Personally, I don’t recommend them.
That’s it for our detailed review of the best refrigerator water filters. Be sure to compare the products in this listing in order to get what suits you best. Also remember to check the Amazon links provided for the best price.