Xbox is one of the most popular gaming consoles in the history of virtual gaming. It has seen a rise in its popularity since of day it was released. The goodwill of Microsoft attached with it has made it one of the most used gaming consoles on the planet.
Worry not! In this article, we will teach you the methods to install VPN on your Xbox. When you route your requests through a VPN connection, you’re secured against the threats of your privacy and security. Keep reading to find out the method to set up a VPN on Xbox 360.
Methods of setting up a VPN on Xbox 360
There are two methods in which a VPN can be set up on your Xbox 360.
- Sharing your computer’s VPN with XBox 360
- Set up a VPN on your router and then connect Xbox 360 through it.
Sharing your computer’s VPN with XBox 360
This method requires you to set up a VPN on your computer and then sharing the connection to your gaming console.
- IP Address of the server
- VPN subscription (we recommend HideMyAss): Username and password.
- Destination name.
- Domain (optional)
The first step involved is connecting your computer to a VPN server. You could subscribe to a VPN service like, HMA Pro, and obtain the credentials mentioned above. Thereafter, you can follow the steps given below to share the VPN connection on your computer with Xbox 360.
- Connect your computer and your Xbox 360 using a cross-over cable.
- Now, click on the “Start” button and choose “Control Panel”.
- Go to the “Network and Sharing Centre”
- Next, choose “Change Adapter Settings” on the left side of the screen.
- Find the icon named “HideMyAss”.
- Right click on the “HideMyAss” icon and choose “Properties” from the options.
- Go to the tab named, “Sharing”.
- Put a check mark besides the option titled “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”
- Now, go the “Home Networking Connection”
- You will be presented with a drop down menu of the available internet connections. Select “Xbox” from the list of connections and click on “Ok”.
- Now, on your Xbox 360, press the “LIVE” button.
- Go to “Settings” and select “System Settings”.
- Then, select “Network Settings” and choose “Wired Network”.
- Accept all settings and click on the “Test Connection” option.
Now, sign into your Xbox 360 and you’re done!
Set up a VPN on your router and then connecting Xbox 360 through it
Under this method, you need to install the HideMyAss VPN on your router. Once, you’re done with setting up a VPN on your router, follow the steps given below to establish a VPN connection on your Xbox 360.
- Go to the menu by pressing the “LIVE” button.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ tab and select ‘System Settings’.
- Next, go to the “Network Settings”.
- Under the “Network Settings”, select your wireless network.
- Enter the WPA key, the key in mentioned on your router.
- Accept all settings and click on “Test Connection”.
- Now, sign into Xbox 360 and enjoy your games!
The need to set up a VPN on XBox has been felt by gamers all round the world. Hopefully, in this article, we have solved all your queries relating to it. Get a reputed VPN subscription to gain good speed while playing multiplayer games and to circumvent the geo-based restrictions to access games from all across the world.