Running a start-up from scratch isn’t an easy task, apart from the goal of building brand awareness online and offline across all platforms, there are more strategies that need to be done to spearhead your success in this very competitive industry.
Marketing your brand is the key to your business’ growth, the challenge lies in the actions that you’ll pursue to set yourself apart from other competitors. This is the part where branding tactics and marketing plans come into play
If you are still contemplating how to go about it, here’s a list of branding tactics to drive your start-up business to success.
1. Create A Consistent Online Profile
One effective way to promote a start-up brand is to ensure a consistent online profile. You can accomplish this task by designing and using one company profile and brand logo across all online platforms, including your business site, social media accounts, and digital stores.
Consumers recognize brands easily with a consistent online profile. A captivating and professional logo increases brand visibility and awareness regarding your products and services. Extending this consistency on your store signage and product packaging can also greatly benefit your start-up company.
2. Implement Effective Digital Marketing Strategies
Implementing the right digital marketing strategies for a start-up business can be overwhelming because of the large pool of options available. So, how do you know what digital marketing strategy to focus on the first time?
Business owners can hire digital marketing service providers, such as Caffeine Somerset or any other digital marketing agency within their area. Digital marketing agencies can help business owners plan and develop the best strategies suitable for the specific nature of their business.
The recommended digital marketing tactics for start-up businesses include the following:
- Content Marketing: Start-up businesses should first establish trust and rapport with their target audience before promoting or selling anything. You can do it by publishing web content, like blogs, visual photos, videos, infographics, and audio content on your website. By doing so, you can kickstart your content marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) to rank higher, thus increasing brand awareness. .
- SEO Marketing: This marketing strategy goes with content marketing. For your web content to become visible and clickable on search engines, you have to incorporate the right keywords, links, and other SEO elements on your web page.
- Social Media Marketing: Social media e-commerce is an emerging shopping platform, wherein start-up businesses can expand their reach and social media exposure. Regularly post updates and promotions on your social media pages to increase your shares and likes.
3. Entice New Customers With Attractive Product Displays
For start-up brick-and-mortar stores, it’s important to implement good product display strategies to pique your customer’s interest and encourage new customers to buy your products. Check out these different product display tactics you can try:
- Install LED lights: You can install LED lights in your product display cabinets to highlight your new product line. LED lights consume low wattage and can help keep the natural look of your product on display shelves.
- Keep the number of products to a minimum:Limit the number of products that you intend to display to lessen the chances of overcrowding or clutter look. Make sure to organize your products on display shelves based on a category for easier identification.
4. Embrace Technology
Technology and innovation are essential ingredients in attaining business success. Employees can finish more tasks accurately and quickly using technology, such as the following:
- Customer Relationship Management Software: A CRM software program pertains to the principles and guidelines involving customer interactions, such as sales, service-related processes, and forecasting. Start-up businesses can use CRM to analyse customer behaviours and trends, to continuously enhance customers’ overall experience.
- Inventory Management Software: This software system tracks orders, monitors inventory levels, sales, and deliveries. For instance, a big start-up company, like a manufacturing business, would need the aid of inventory management software to run smoothly. Investing in this kind of software adds convenience for accurate material procurement, invoicing, and inventory, which in turn saves money, time, and effort.
5. Create Your Branded Merchandise
Branded merchandise items include customized shirts, pens, notebooks, mugs, lanyards, and bags with printed brand logos. Giving away branded merchandise as tokens or prizes at trade fairs and corporate events can help boost brand awareness.
Start-up businesses don’t have to spend a hefty amount of money on merchandise items, but if you set an objective and choose the right merchandise for your target market, it would definitely produce a beneficial return on investment right away.
Start-up branding should include a combination of offline and online marketing tactics. As discussed above, you can achieve success in your start-up business by setting the right goals and branding strategies. In addition, use technology to your advantage to automate marketing and other time-consuming tasks so you can focus on the most critical aspects of your business.
Moreover, don’t hesitate to seek help from digital marketers and business professionals because they can help you in more ways than one based on their experience and expertise.